Comment on page
Demos of One-Stop Domain Issuance Toolkit
In the Demo Section, we will demonstrate a complete preview of what products will look like after using the SPACE ID One-Stop Domain Issuance Toolkit. Please read this carefully before proceeding so that you can provide the exact parameters and info for your domain launch. Various details are customizable in this demo.
The demos include how users will interact with domain registration, how to trade, manage domains, and how to use SDK / API to let other dApp integrate your domain.
Domain pre-registration usually means early access for the whitelisted participants to secure their desired domains first. This strategic approach not only rewards the most engaged members of your community but also serves as a vital initial phase for your domain launch.
At SPACE ID, we've invested significant effort in refining the pre-registration process to ensure the best user experience. We've observed instances where bots swiftly swoop in to snatch up all the popular domain names, a frustrating experience for users.
To combat this, we're introducing two key features to enhance your domain pre-registration experience: the Auction system and First-Come-First-Serve Registration. These features empower you to take control of your domain pre-registration process, ensuring fairness and accessibility for all users.
- 1.After entering the pre-registration website, whitelisted users will connect their wallets to the designated network to get started.
- 2.During the auction, there's a maximum number of domains a user can bid on (you can customize this number), indicated by the "Bid Quota" on the home page. Users can also Track their bids at the bottom of the page and the top bids throughout the auction.
- 3.In the search bar, users can enter their desired domain name and it’ll show its status as “Available” or “Registered”. Click to see the domain details page, where users can enter the price they aim to bid. Per common auction rules, a new bid must be at least 105% of the previous bid.
- 4.If other users outbid on any name, one can choose to continue bidding on that name (which won’t consume any Bid Quota), or get refunded right away. If one chooses to get refunded, the action of having bid on this name still has reduced the Bid Quota, and one cannot recover this quota to bid on another name in the auction phase.
Some other common auction rules worth noting:
- 1.In the last 10 minutes of the auction, every new bid made will reset the time to 10 minutes.
- 2.Winning bids in the auction phase secure winners the right to register the domains in the next First-come-first-serve Registration, for which the 1st year registration will be free (as that cost is already embedded in the auction starting price).
- 1.As TLD issuer, you can choose to run the Pre-registration process via a combination of Auction and FCFS phase, or skip Auction and launch via FCFS directly.
- 2.If doing both Auction + FCFS, users’ “Register Quota” will come in 2 parts: 1) the bids they won + 2) FCFS registration quota, and the sum of which is their total domain quota (again, you can customize the number for the quota).
- 3.Fill in a domain name that they want to register, and its availability will show up. Only when the "Available" message is shown, the registration could proceed. Any other “Registered” or error message indicates that they could not register for that name at the moment.
- 4.Click on the available domain name, and users will be prompted to select the number of years and pay the fee to register the domain. After the 'Register' transaction is complete, users will see their domain NFT image, Registrant address, Expiration Date, and Record addresses!